Effective Date & Last Modified Dec 31, 2019.
If you are located in the EU, you will also be asked to provide clear and unequivocal affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of your user information via cookies and similar technologies.
Notice to EU Individuals: this Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
CALIFORNIA-RESIDENT SPECIFIC RIGHTS
If you are located in the California, and/or (as applicable) to the extent you are a "consumer" as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA)
and NeuroTags is a "business" as defined under CCPA, following would be applicable for you.
Subject to the provisions of the CCPA, you have the right to request in the manner provided herein:
(a) Right to request for information about the:
- Categories of Personal Data NeuroTags has collected about you.
- Specific pieces of Personal Data NeuroTags has collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Data is collected.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Data.
- Categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Data.
(b) Right to request for deletion of any Personal Data collected about you by us.
If you would like to access or delete Personal Data which constitutes "personal information" as defined in CCPA,
please contact us at email@example.com.
We respond to all such requests within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Also by writing to us, you agree to receive communication from us, which may include, seeking information from you in order to verify you to be the consumer
from whom we have collected the Personal Data and any other information as reasonably required to enable us to honour your request.
The type of data and information we collect and use about you are explained in the following sections.
SUMMARY OF KEY PRINCIPLES
To enhance, personalize, and support your experience on the Site, among other things, we collect, use, and share your user information. For example, we use aggregated information to develop content targeted to user interests and to generally improve the Site's user experience.
We thought it would be helpful to set out briefly the key ways in which we use your information and how we seek to protect privacy.
We typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number);
and (b) information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser).
- This information is transmitted to, held and processed by us.
- We typically use this information to provide you with our sites and related services, and to produce reports and data about activities such as online shopping.
- We may disclose this information to authorized third parties including our merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes.
- Through the use of "cookies", we work with and permit advertising networks to collect anonymous information about you to send you their ads and use the same information to send you our ads (see section III below).
- You may at any time opt-out of certain activities as set out below (see section VI).
- We encrypt some information you input using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software and take reasonable security measures to safeguard information.
- If you register with us, you have the ability to update or correct the information you previously provided via the account section.
- If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at NeuroTags, please contact us.
- Our sites and services are not designed or intended for use by children under 16 and
I. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information ("PII"); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("Non-PII").
(a) Personally Identifiable Information:
PII includes any information that identifies you as person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a review, survey or promotion. You may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Sites or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above. We collect certain non-PII from you when you access our Sites including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you use our Sites such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
The Site's web and ad servers log information about a user's IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by a user's browser and automatically logged by most wesites. These log files are stored in a secure location and used in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our sites and services.
II. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Sites and Services to you and to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
(1) our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc.
(2) participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Sites or Services.
(3) our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies") for operational, marketing and promotional purposes.
(4) co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships.
(5) participating merchants where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Sites such as surveys and reviews concerning our participating merchants and
(6) our other users where you choose to publicly post reviews, comments or other information relating to products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities (see "Preference Based Advertising" below). We may use your non-PII by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others to produce research reports and other information and data about online shopping for participating merchants and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties.
III. COOKIES AND PREFERENCE BASED ADVERTISING
(a) Cookies and Web Beacons:
We and the third parties we authorize automatically receive and store certain types of non-PII whenever you interact with us by using "cookies" and analogous technology. "Cookies" are small files that are placed on your computer or your internet browser memory to enable the owner of the cookie to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. So, for example, our cookies may allow us to show you the past products you have searched for on our Sites. It is important to note that the cookies that we use, or permit others to use, do not contain and are not tied to PII about you.
You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can typically delete existing cookies from your computer at any time. Please note, however, some elements of our Sites will not function properly or be available to you.
(b) Preference Based Advertising:
We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Sites. These third party cookies are used to gather non-PII about your activities on our Sites and third party sites to serve you with advertisements while you are on third party sites ("Third-Party Ads"). If you do not wish to participate in this activity, please let us know. Contact us to opt-out.
IV. SALE OF BUSINESS AND DISCLOSURE BY LAW
(a) Business Transactions:
We may disclose PII and Non-PII held by us : (a) to a prospective seller or actual seller of any business or assets we acquire; (b) if all or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, PII and Non-PII may be one of the transferred assets.
(b) Required disclosures :
We may disclose and use any PII or non-PII if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Sites, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Sites' or Services’ users or the general public.
V. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Of course, it's important to keep in mind that no data transmission on the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We also use a secure server hosting location in the US and other places in the world, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect your data. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that your personally identifiable information is compromised, we will notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.)
We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us.
VI. YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
(b) What Choices Do I Have (Opt-Out)? You have many choices regarding how we use information about you, including: (1) To stop our emails, contact us. (2) To opt-out of preference-based ads, contact us. (3) To stop the sharing of PII with our participating merchants, Contact us (4) You may delete the cookies from your browser at anytime, and (5) as discussed above, the choices we offer you anytime you submit information through our Sites or Services.
(c) If you have any questions or concerns about privacy for our Sites and Services, please contact us at
As neither our Sites nor our Services are intended for use by children under 16, children under 16 may not submit any PII to us. Also, if you are under 18, you should use NeuroTags and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
IX. SOLE STATEMENT
NeuroTags Inc, 650 Chynoweth Ave., San Jose, CA 95131