The Indian Subcontinent ranks high on the list of alcohol-consuming nations in the world. This is because of its immensely huge demand for wines, beer, and all other kinds of spirits in urban and rural areas alike. The main contributors to the escalating turnover of alcohol in the country are a rapid rise in urban population and overall spending power of its middle-class population. The recent stability in the economy has also fueled this demand like never before.
These trends of alcohol consumption and sale in the nation are consistent and growing. The hard-hitting downside of this ever-increasing rate of alcohol consumption in India cannot be ignored and is impacting the Indian alcohol industry adversely. Bad health, domestic problems, and reducing productivity are just one side of the story. The flurry of fake products in stores across the country is the most concerning of all negative impacts that are affecting manufacturers, sellers, and users of MFL (Indian made foreign liquor), wine, beer, IMIL (Indian made Indian liquor) and imported alcohol alike.
Results of Consuming Spurious Alcohol Products
Spurious and fake liquor have serious health effects. From blindness and nausea to confusion, difficulty in breathing, sore throat, seizures, coma, or death, the list of serious concerns attributed to alcohol counterfeiting is endless. According to a research report released by FICCI CASCADE in 2015, revenue loss to the Indian government because of counterfeit alcohol products, in only seven manufacturing sectors, was about INR 39,239 crores. The figures have grown exponentially since then!
Alcohol Counterfeiting: A Big Problem in India
Despite the new and existing government regulations, counterfeiters and manufacturers of fake wine and other alcohol goods are not deterred and continue preparing cheap products from carcinogenic and dangerous chemicals. They don’t hesitate to include the chemicals used for manufacturing cleaning fluids, methanol, nail polish removers, etc. in the brands counterfeited by them. How dangerous can that be!
Why is Counterfeiting of Alcohol so Profitable?
There are very few markets In India that have a consistent growth rate like that of Indian alcohol.
- According to a recent study, the alcohol industry in India depicted a CAGR of 8.8%.
- The growth trends are expected to continue and reach whopping figures of 16.8 plus billion liters of sale by the turn of 2022.
- The demand for vodka and wine is a steady CAGR of 22.8% and 21.8%, respectively.
- Yet another study conducted in 2016 had revealed that the weekly per capita consumption of Indian alcohol stood at approximately 147.3 ml. This rate of consumption is expected to increase at a CAGR of 7.5% in the next few years to tip the scales further.
These encouraging figures are enough to lure counterfeiters who are making huge profits by replicating products.
Faking Alcohol Production – What’s Going On?
It is no longer possible to detect fake products through packaging, labeling, or other tell-tale counterfeit signs as in the past. Fake alcohol manufacturers use the most sophisticated label printing processers to create high-grade packaging at cost-effective prices. These labels are quite close in looks and appearance to the labels on original products; therefore, they cannot be caught easily. Such acts are hampering the brand image of manufacturers and causing grave health issues to end-users – thereby bringing about enormous losses for the liquor industry at large.
The Way Out with NeuroTags Digital Anti-Counterfeiting Solution
The answer to the problems inflicted by counterfeit alcohol and wine producing companies lies in smartly-designed anti-counterfeit protection tags and customer tracking. Anti-counterfeiting solutions for wines and alcohol brands are very helpful in differentiating the counterfeit and illicit products from genuine ones. They provide protection, authenticity, and the highest levels of security against fake products. NeuroTags uses benchmarked anti-counterfeiting techniques and technologies that make it possible for sellers and users to counter the problems of duplication and counterfeiting.
NeuroTags Anti-Counterfeiting Solution for Indian Wine & Spirits
NeuroTags security tags can be affixed to the bottles of beer, whiskey, wine as well as scores of other alcoholic products.
- Along with protecting renowned and award-winning brands and labels, these unique identifiers are helping users identify spurious and hazardous alcoholic products with certainty.
- NeuroTags anti-counterfeiting solutions are minimizing economic losses while protecting consumers’ health.
- NeuroTags technology-backed anti-counterfeit products are designed as algorithmically coupled crypto tags that comprise of two components – protected and open tags.
- Supported by the latest patent-pending technology, these AI-enabled tags are unique for each product.
- The USP of these anti-counterfeiting crypto tags lies in the ease of scanning the open part of crypto tags with smartphones.
- The authenticity of the products can be gauged to quite an extent with the open crypto tag itself; scanning of the protected part of the crypto tag allows for a 100 percent check of the genuineness of the alcoholic products.
Invest in NeuroTags Anti-Counterfeiting Technology for Spirits, Wines, Alcohol
The protection provided against counterfeiting empowers brands through better consumer connection and confidence. Invest in NeuroTag’s anti-counterfeiting technology to incapacitate clones and aid the elimination of counterfeits, as well as increase consumer engagement and empowerment.
Way Forward with NeuroTags Traceability Solutions
As a consumer, get empowered to authenticate products and secure yourself from the fake ones. In case you are planning to protect a brand and require customer loyalty solutions, then NeuroTags would provide the best means for establishing enhanced consumer loyalty. If you have been waiting to get your hands on a smart red-flagging and AI monitoring tool to combat counterfeit wines and alcoholic beverages, then it’s time to turn to NeuroTags – today!
Please contact us to know more about the NeuroTags Anti-Counterfeiting solution for Alcohol brands.