(Anti-counterfeiting solution providers are trying their best to curb the penetration of fake products in the e-commerce market)
In 2019, the B2B e-commerce market notched a value of USD 6.3 trillion! The growth continued in 2020. Even in the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak, people kept ordering the things they needed online. Even more than ever before.
There is a flip side of the e-commerce market that has emerged to the chagrin of buyers and genuine sellers alike; that of counterfeit products. Almost all categories of products are being counterfeited by unscrupulous manufacturers. E-commerce sellers are using diverse consumer marketing platforms (both online and offline) to increase the penetration of these goods. Resultantly, a strong need has arisen to curb this menace.
Need for Anti-counterfeit Solutions
As per a report published by Technavio, the size of anti counterfeiting packaging market is expected to grow by a whopping USD 105.86 billion in the period 2020-2024. This consistent growth of anti-counterfeiting technology applies to the rapidly expanding e-commerce scenario worldwide.
Given this situation, innovative anti counterfeit solutions, in terms of packaging medicines, edibles, shoes, sporting goods, fashion apparel, and just about everything else, is in order. According to NeuroTags – anti counterfeit solutions provider of repute – several brands are resorting to safety measures to counter the fake products being sold under their names.
Affected brands are lodging strong complaints against the unauthorized sale of their products on popular e-commerce platforms like Health Kart, Amazon, Flipkart, 1MG, Snapdeal, etc. These instances have escalated the demand for anti counterfeit software and packaging solutions in all industry verticals.
AI Monitored Anti-counterfeiting Technology
Companies providing anti-counterfeit methods bank on AI-enabled serialization technology to create a secure, unique and traceable identity for products. They use anti counterfeiting packaging codes and tags such as QR, NFC or RFID codes to safeguard brands.
- These codes are applied directly on to the products. They are carefully monitored by a robust AI-backed anti counterfeit solution on the cloud.
- The software takes care of all facets of the consumer marketing platform. It monitors how the product moves from the warehouse to the end-user in real-time.
- Smartly-conceived and managed dashboards are used for capturing information and analyzing them further.
For instance, NeuroTags’ INC. dual-code anti counterfeit technology detects clones in real-time. These fakes are invalidated as soon as they surface to keep counterfeiters in control.
NFC Tags & QR Codes
QR Codes, Find your counterfeit
Quick Response or QR, came to the front in 1994 as a better barcode alternative. A phone is needed to scan QR codes speedily and from any angle. QR codes have widespread penetration in the consumer marketing platform. These days, anti counterfeit solution providers are installing proprietary solutions for QR codes.
- Widely recognized as the go-to- solution by anti counterfeit solutions providers, they add no extra printing costs.
- This anti-counterfeiting technology is affordable and secure; it gives off a cryptic look to discourage counterfeiters.
- If the identifiers are replayed multiple times suspiciously, in the same geographic areas or periods, then QR codes trigger an alert.
The NFC chip: A smart tool for anti-counterfeiting
NFC chips have unique identifiers that are almost impossible to replicate. Therefore, manufacturers or brands buying NFC chips remain as exclusive owners of chip numbers. A must for anti counterfeiting packaging, NFC tags can be scanned by simple smartphones with an NFC reader.
- It is easy to authenticate products with NFC chips. They serve as an electronic proof of authenticity for consumers and brand owners.
- Experts in QR codes, RFID labels and NFC chips, NeuroTags can install this anti counterfeit solution in the smallest of labels.
Preventing Unauthorized Distribution of Fake Products
The codes used for combatting counterfeiters are continuously monitored. They keep close tabs on illegitimate diversions or unauthorized distribution. This enables manufacturers to enforce their policies and pricing structure effectively. With the best track and trace features in place, these anti-faking solutions bring forth optimum consumer engagements.
NeuroTags – One Stop Solution for Arresting Counterfeiting
The end-to-end packaging solutions offered by NeuroTags lead to cost savings across the full supply chain system. Reach out to their anti counterfeiting technology and solutions to make fake products a thing of the past. Invest in the QR codes and NFC tags produced by NeuroTags to attract a higher ROI, right away!