2020 has witnessed some revolutionary changes in the consumer marketing services industry. In many ways, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, mobile marketing, and social media solutions have changed how consumer marketers are functioning these days. Even if sellers are not selling their wares online (directly), they are hiring retail marketers to drive in-store sales. On the other hand, shoppers are using their mobile phones increasingly to find stores “near me.” They are looking up “where to buy” services and products on the go.
In this scenario, it is important for businesses like yours to show up in Google Search and other results. Your website should serve as your primary key to success. If not, you will stand to lose in the face of your agile and technology savvy competitors. So, whether you are selling products or services, the time is now ripe to switch to new, omnichannel environments. Here, we have put together 10 up-and-comers to help you create new consumer marketing opportunities and revenue channels.
Top Consumer Marketing Trends and Changes in Consumer Behavior to Watch For in 2021
In the pandemic era, novel marketing automation and customer loyalty strategies are being implemented to increase the ROI of businesses. The following consumer marketing services and trends are driving sales in over-competitive markets.
- Smart authentication programs, privacy solutions, loyalty programs, QR code solutions, and other consumer marketing strategies are dominating the pandemic era. They are providing robust and innovative solutions for enhanced consumer engagement and confidence.
- As per recent trends, new marketing solutions are being formulated to help enterprises protect themselves against diversion and counterfeiting.
- While purchase decisions are mainly centered on the essential and most basic needs, more conscious buying has changed consumer behavior. Digital commerce and local buying are forming the new normal.
- To manage the woes of isolation, consumers are turning to chatbots and digital interactions. This is to learn, enjoy loyalty rewards, get the maximum benefits from their shopping cart selections, and more – the trend is expected to continue in the future too.
- Work from home benefits is coming to the fore. Retail and consumer marketing services companies are shifting to a virtual workforce to reduce expenses and increase productivity.
- The factors influencing the decisions of consumer brands are changing drastically. The “buy local” mantra is creating the base for marketing platforms, globally.
- Personal health has become the top priority for consumers; they are referring to helpful products and services for the health of family and friends. Medical and food security, personal safety, and financial security have become strategic differentiators for consumers, shoppers, and employees.
- Consumers have become mindful of their purchases. They now aim to limit food waste, invest in more sustainable options, and shop with increased cost-consciousness. Brands are discovering new business models and pandemic skills to meet these demands.
- Escalations in local shopping are reflected in how consumers are buying locally sourced products and services. They are supporting community stores like never before. Given this, consumer brands are finding smart means to connect locally. They are highlighting local provenance and engaging with prospects in locally relevant ways. Customer marketing services are also being customized to align with local needs.
- Consumer brands and companies are laying more focus on digital vs. traditional apps and tools. They have understood the need for better customer experiences and more engagements to remain in the race.
The Route to Survival in Future
Nowadays it is common to find customers shifting to norms that make their buying and selling experiences more seamless and streamlined. This attitude has been accepted by consumer companies as an encouraging change. They are integrating innovative features in their branding strategies to:
- Develop cross-functional command centers and KPI tracking systems
- Create virtual, flexible, and digital work and task forces
- Reshape the marketing plans of their clients to meet new brand purposes and demands
- Reform and develop stronger relationships with consumers, employees, and ecosystem partners
- Reimagine how organizational changes will work in future
- Reconsider product and service catalogs and portfolios
- Accelerate the acceleration with AI and data-driven operating models
- Restructure enterprise investment plans to move forward in the post-Covid years
- Discover M&A opportunities and new supply chain channels, etc.
The consumer marketers at NeuroTags have the right solutions and strategies to respond to, reset, and renew processes for a better tomorrow. You may want to reach out to their consumer marketing services to leverage the benefits of automation and digital transformation.